English Street exit ramp extension begins12 April 2017
Work will impact northbound traffic accessing Essendon Fields and Airport West
This extension will remove the dangerous weave that currently affects traffic merging onto the freeway from Bulla Road and traffic wanting to get off at English Street a short distance later.
Over the coming weeks, a number of changes will take effect in this area that drivers need to be aware of.
The Bulla Road outbound entry ramp will be closed on Sunday 30 April and Monday 1 May from 9pm to 5am to allow for service relocation, line marking and barrier placement.
From Friday 28 April, a reduced speed limit and changed lane conditions will take effect until the ramp extension is completed in mid 2018.
To receive regular information about traffic impacts, subscribe to our daily and/or weekly email alerts.
Stay up-to-dateSubscribe for updates
- Double freeway closure 19 May 2017
- Changes to Melbourne Drive 18 May 2017
- New Bell Street bridge opens 16 May 2017
- Tullamarine Freeway closures 15 May 2017
- Freeway works continue over railway 11 May 2017
- Vaughan Street bridge reopens 9 May 2017