Work begins on the English Street exit ramp extension12 April 2017
Work has now started on the extension of the English Street exit ramp for north bound traffic wanting to access Essendon Fields and Airport West.
This extension will remove the dangerous weave that currently affects traffic merging onto the freeway from Bulla Road and traffic wanting to get off at English Street a short distance later.
Over the coming weeks, a number of changes will take effect in this area that drivers need to be aware of.
The Bulla Road outbound entry ramp will be closed on Wednesday 26, Thursday 27 and Friday 28 April from 8.30pm to 5am to allow for service relocation, line marking and barrier placement.
From Saturday 22 April, a reduced speed limit and changed lane conditions will take effect until the ramp extension is completed in mid 2018.
To receive regular information about traffic impacts, subscribe to our daily and/or weekly email alerts.
Stay up-to-dateSubscribe for updates
- Changes at Bulla Road entry ramp 24 April 2017
- Work begins on the English Street exit ramp extension 12 April 2017
- No works over Easter weekend 7 April 2017
- Webb Dock Access improvements April update 6 April 2017
- New noise walls for Gladstone Park 5 April 2017
- Upcoming freeway closure 3 April 2017