Vaughan Street bridge delay23 March 2017
The Vaughan Street pedestrian bridge will now open in May
Due to unexpected delays, the Vaughan Street pedestrian bridge in Essendon Fields will now reopen in May.
We understand that the current arrangement is adding to your travel time and we apologise for the further delay.
If you're travelling to Essendon Fields by tram, you'll see signs guiding you to cross back over Matthews Avenue and walk to the English Street interchange.
Pedestrian signals will then allow you to cross safely over to the northern footpath of English Street bridge.
Once you've crossed English Street bridge, you'll see another signalised pedestrian crossing on the eastern (Essendon Fields) side of the bridge.
Pedestrian buttons for this crossing can't be installed until the path has been raised to the final surface level, but the lights are on an automatic timer and will allow for regular pedestrian crossings.
Timing for the replacement of the Earl Street pedestrian bridge is yet to be finalised, and we will share any further information as it becomes available.
We appreciate your patience as we work to upgrade this complex intersection.
Stay up-to-dateSubscribe for updates
- Bulla Road shut for 4 nights for maintenance works 23 May 2018
- New M80 exit and extra lanes on the Tulla Freeway 27 April 2018
- Freeway management system rollout continues 20 April 2018
- Extended closure of English Street inbound entry ramp 13 April 2018
- Bulla Road / Bell Street inbound exit closed for three nights 6 April 2018
- Extended Tullamarine Freeway overnight closures during Easter holidays 29 March 2018