Changes to Flemington Road14 February 2017
A new bridge and two extra ramp lanes are now open to traffic
If you're driving, riding or walking around the Flemington Road interchange this week, you can expect to see some big changes to how the intersection works:
- If you're heading towards the CBD or Elliott Avenue on Mount Alexander Road, you'll use a new inbound two-lane bridge to connect to Flemington Road. A new work zone will be set up on the two existing inbound Mount Alexander Road lanes.
- If you're exiting CityLink at the inbound Flemington Road exit ramp wanting to access Boundary Road, you'll use the two right lanes.
- If you're exiting CityLink at the inbound Flemington Road exit ramp wanting to access the CBD or Elliott Avenue, you'll use the five left lanes.
- CBD/Elliott Avenue and Boundary Road lanes on the ramp will be physically separated by barriers, so you'll need to choose your lane early when exiting CityLink.
- If you're using Lennon Street to access Boundary Road, you'll notice that this traffic movement has been permanently removed. You'll be able to turn left from Lennon Street onto the Flemington Road exit ramp only.
On-road signage will help guide drivers, cyclists and pedestrians safely through the changed interchange.
From late February to April, crews will work hard to complete the next stage of works, which includes installing the final layout of the interchange.
Crews will also be upgrading the two existing inbound lanes on Mount Alexander Road, laying asphalt and line marking throughout the interchange, and installing the final section of inbound on-road bike path along Flemington Road.
The Flemington Road interchange upgrade will be finished by mid-2017.
Stay up-to-dateSubscribe for updates
- Extended closure of Bolte Bridge ramp 20 July 2017
- New Bell Street exits open this weekend 20 July 2017
- Major changes this weekend 17 July 2017
- Changes to Montague Street access 11 July 2017
- Disruptions this week 10 July 2017
- Disruptions this weekend 3 July 2017