The results are in28 March 2017
If you've been impacted by a closure, how easy was our detour to follow?
Thanks to everyone who completed our recent detour survey.
While nearly 40% of you rated our detours "very easy" or "not bad", more than a third of respondents said they are getting lost.
To help you find your way, we make sure all our closures and detour maps are published online.
Before you jump in the car, you can plan ahead by:
- Visiting the Drivers page
- Subscribing to our daily and/or weekly traffic alert emails
- Following @CityLink and @VicTraffic on Twitter
We understand that roadworks are disruptive for drivers, so we do our best to plan detours that will get you where you need to be quickly and safely, with as little inconvenience as possible.
In addition to being scheduled at night time only, all our closures are based on traffic volume demand and are only carried out when traffic volumes allow for it, with each closure requiring a carefully planned detour route to accompany it (except lane closures).
Using a range of modelling tools and data, our engineers determine which detour route is best for a particular closure on a particular night.
This process involves a lot of careful planning, analysis and coordination to make sure our works have minimal impact on drivers.
If you missed out on this survey, or have any further feedback to share, we are all ears. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 783 947 and press 3.
Stay up-to-dateSubscribe for updates
- Changes at Bulla Road entry ramp 24 April 2017
- Work begins on the English Street exit ramp extension 12 April 2017
- No works over Easter weekend 7 April 2017
- Webb Dock Access improvements April update 6 April 2017
- New noise walls for Gladstone Park 5 April 2017
- Upcoming freeway closure 3 April 2017