The results are in28 March 2017
If you've been impacted by a closure, how easy was our detour to follow?
Thanks to everyone who completed our recent detour survey.
While nearly 40% of you rated our detours "very easy" or "not bad", more than a third of respondents said they are getting lost.
To help you find your way, we make sure all our closures and detour maps are published online.
Before you jump in the car, you can plan ahead by:
- Visiting the Drivers page
- Subscribing to our daily and/or weekly traffic alert emails
- Following @CityLink and @VicTraffic on Twitter
We understand that roadworks are disruptive for drivers, so we do our best to plan detours that will get you where you need to be quickly and safely, with as little inconvenience as possible.
In addition to being scheduled at night time only, all our closures are based on traffic volume demand and are only carried out when traffic volumes allow for it, with each closure requiring a carefully planned detour route to accompany it (except lane closures).
Using a range of modelling tools and data, our engineers determine which detour route is best for a particular closure on a particular night.
This process involves a lot of careful planning, analysis and coordination to make sure our works have minimal impact on drivers.
If you missed out on this survey, or have any further feedback to share, we are all ears. You can email us at email@example.com or call us on 1300 783 947 and press 3.
Stay up-to-dateSubscribe for updates
- We've switched on the signals on the Calder Freeway entry ramps 20 June 2018
- Weekend of extended ramp and lane closures on Tulla Freeway and M80 Ring Road 5 June 2018
- Bulla Road shut Sunday to complete maintenance works 23 May 2018
- New M80 exit and extra lanes on the Tulla Freeway 27 April 2018
- Freeway management system rollout continues 20 April 2018
- Extended closure of English Street inbound entry ramp 13 April 2018