Working together on green spaces11 October 2017
Our project is committed to being a good neighbour to the communities and environments we work in.
Together with Landcare Australia, project partner Transurban has funded the CityLink Tulla Widening Landcare Australia Urban Landcare Project.
We’re transforming Brady Reserve in Brunswick West, and Moonee Ponds Creek Linear Reserve, known to some locals as Shelley Hillock, into healthy, thriving habitats for local wildlife and residents living along Moonee Ponds Creek to enjoy for years to come.
After a year of community consultation and planning activities, we recently held community and staff planting days at both sites.
Despite the cold and rainy weather, local councils, community groups and project team members rolled up their sleeves to plant over 1,800 of the of the 8,000 native shrubs and trees that Landcare Australia has carefully selected in close consultation with local councils and community groups.
We’d like thank Landcare Australia, Moonee Valley City Council, City of Moreland and Friends of Moonee Ponds Creek for helping to coordinate the successful planting days.
With plants in the ground, Landcare Australia is now working with Moonee Valley City Council and community groups, including Wurundjeri Land Council and Friends of Moonee Ponds Creek, to develop interpretive signage that will share information about the local history and environment of the Moonee Ponds site.
Stay up-to-dateSubscribe for updates
- Bulla Road shut for 4 nights for maintenance works 23 May 2018
- New M80 exit and extra lanes on the Tulla Freeway 27 April 2018
- Freeway management system rollout continues 20 April 2018
- Extended closure of English Street inbound entry ramp 13 April 2018
- Bulla Road / Bell Street inbound exit closed for three nights 6 April 2018
- Extended Tullamarine Freeway overnight closures during Easter holidays 29 March 2018