Working together on green spaces11 October 2017
Our project is committed to being a good neighbour to the communities and environments we work in.
Together with Landcare Australia, project partner Transurban has funded the CityLink Tulla Widening Landcare Australia Urban Landcare Project.
We’re transforming Brady Reserve in Brunswick West, and Moonee Ponds Creek Linear Reserve, known to some locals as Shelley Hillock, into healthy, thriving habitats for local wildlife and residents living along Moonee Ponds Creek to enjoy for years to come.
After a year of community consultation and planning activities, we recently held community and staff planting days at both sites.
Despite the cold and rainy weather, local councils, community groups and project team members rolled up their sleeves to plant over 1,800 of the of the 8,000 native shrubs and trees that Landcare Australia has carefully selected in close consultation with local councils and community groups.
We’d like thank Landcare Australia, Moonee Valley City Council, City of Moreland and Friends of Moonee Ponds Creek for helping to coordinate the successful planting days.
With plants in the ground, Landcare Australia is now working with Moonee Valley City Council and community groups, including Wurundjeri Land Council and Friends of Moonee Ponds Creek, to develop interpretive signage that will share information about the local history and environment of the Moonee Ponds site.
Stay up-to-dateSubscribe for updates
- Full freeway closure and 50-hour ramp closure this weekend 14 August 2018
- Temporary changes to Melbourne Drive (Melbourne Airport) 19 July 2018
- Tullamarine Freeway closed outbound four nights this week 16 July 2018
- Full closure of Mickleham Road this weekend 5 July 2018
- English Street entry ramp closed all weekend 3 July 2018
- Weekend daytime freeway lane and ramp closures 28 June 2018