New noise walls for Gladstone Park5 April 2017
Work to replace existing noise walls will start in two weeks
Work is about to commence to install new noise walls on the Gladstone Park side of the Tullamarine Freeway.
After trees and vegetation were cleared, the foundations for the new walls were laid, and construction is scheduled to begin within the next fortnight.
In some cases, we'll require access to properties adjacent to the freeway in order to demolish the old noise walls and install the replacements.
While the replacement process is expected to take between three and four months, we'll only need access to individual properties for around two days each.
Existing noise walls on the Tullamarine side of the freeway will be replaced later in the year, and impacted residents will be notified before works commence.
Late last year, we held a couple of information sessions in the Gladstone Park area about the new noise walls. If you missed out, you can watch one of the sessions here.
This noise wall replacement is part of the Mickleham Road interchange upgrade.
Stay up-to-dateSubscribe for updates
- Expect delays on the Tulla Freeway this January 29 December 2017
- Green grants for great ideas 19 December 2017
- Tullamarine Freeway disruptions 8 December 2017
- Switched on 1 December 2017
- Disruptions on Bell Street and freeways 27 November 2017
- West Gate Freeway closures 20 November 2017