New noise walls for Gladstone Park5 April 2017
Work to replace existing noise walls will start in two weeks
Work is about to commence to install new noise walls on the Gladstone Park side of the Tullamarine Freeway.
After trees and vegetation were cleared, the foundations for the new walls were laid, and construction is scheduled to begin within the next fortnight.
In some cases, we'll require access to properties adjacent to the freeway in order to demolish the old noise walls and install the replacements.
While the replacement process is expected to take between three and four months, we'll only need access to individual properties for around two days each.
Existing noise walls on the Tullamarine side of the freeway will be replaced later in the year, and impacted residents will be notified before works commence.
Late last year, we held a couple of information sessions in the Gladstone Park area about the new noise walls. If you missed out, you can watch one of the sessions here.
This noise wall replacement is part of the Mickleham Road interchange upgrade.
Stay up-to-dateSubscribe for updates
- Bulla Road shut for 4 nights for maintenance works 23 May 2018
- New M80 exit and extra lanes on the Tulla Freeway 27 April 2018
- Freeway management system rollout continues 20 April 2018
- Extended closure of English Street inbound entry ramp 13 April 2018
- Bulla Road / Bell Street inbound exit closed for three nights 6 April 2018
- Extended Tullamarine Freeway overnight closures during Easter holidays 29 March 2018