New noise walls for Gladstone Park5 April 2017
Work to replace existing noise walls will start in two weeks
Work is about to commence to install new noise walls on the Gladstone Park side of the Tullamarine Freeway.
After trees and vegetation were cleared, the foundations for the new walls were laid, and construction is scheduled to begin within the next fortnight.
In some cases, we'll require access to properties adjacent to the freeway in order to demolish the old noise walls and install the replacements.
While the replacement process is expected to take between three and four months, we'll only need access to individual properties for around two days each.
Existing noise walls on the Tullamarine side of the freeway will be replaced later in the year, and impacted residents will be notified before works commence.
Late last year, we held a couple of information sessions in the Gladstone Park area about the new noise walls. If you missed out, you can watch one of the sessions here.
This noise wall replacement is part of the Mickleham Road interchange upgrade.
Stay up-to-dateSubscribe for updates
- Tulla Freeway closures continue 19 March 2018
- Major weekend works on Tulla Freeway and Green Gully Road 9 March 2018
- Nightly closures of the Tullamarine Freeway 5 March 2018
- Major works on the Tulla Freeway this weekend 28 February 2018
- Closures for week commencing 19 February 19 February 2018
- This week's closures 12 February 2018