New M80 exit and extra lanes on the Tulla Freeway27 April 2018
Extra citybound lanes and the new exit to the M80 Ring Road and Mickleham Road now open.
New exit to the M80 Ring Road and Mickleham Road
We've made significant improvements for traffic moving between the Tullamarine Freeway, the M80 Ring Road and Mickleham Road:
- A new elevated lane providing easier access from the Tullamarine Freeway to the M80 Ring Road.
- A new lane from Mickleham Road to the M80 Ring Road.
- A new entry ramp from Mickleham Road to the Tullamarine Freeway.
The changes will reduce the weaving and high volume of merges at the entry ramps, a major cause of congestion in peak hours.
You will still see us working under the Tullamarine Freeway on Mickleham Road for a little longer.
If you miss the new exit...
We know that when exits change, and despite on-road signage, drivers can still miss new exits.
If you do miss the new exit then please don't stop or pull over on the freeway.
There will be signs to guide you back to the M80 Ring Road using the routes in the map below.
New inbound lanes from the airport to the city.
We have also be opened new lanes from Melbourne Airport to Melrose Drive. This means that citybound traffic can take advantage of the extra lanes from Melbourne Airport all the way to the West Gate Freeway.
If you have any questions about what's happening at Mickleham Road then please contact us on 1300 783 947 or email@example.com.
Stay up-to-dateSubscribe for updates
- Final new lanes opening Sunday 7 September 2018
- Freeway closures every night this week 3 September 2018
- English Street exit closed all weekend 28 August 2018
- New earlier exit to English Street open 16 August 2018
- Full freeway closure and 50-hour ramp closure this weekend 14 August 2018
- Temporary changes to Melbourne Drive (Melbourne Airport) 19 July 2018