New lanes open on Mt Alexander Rd23 June 2017
Flemington Road interchange is now open to traffic in its final design after 18 months of construction
Regulars on Mount Alexander Road will notice that all four lanes are now open to traffic and the worksite has been removed.
A new on-road bike path has also opened today, connecting the shared-use path on Mount Alexander Road to Flemington Road, giving cyclists a safer and smoother ride towards the city.
With the interchange now open in its final lane arrangement, you'll experience less congestion and more reliable travel times from one day to the next.
Be sure to choose your lane early and look out for on-road signage to guide you safely through the new interchange.
If you're heading towards the eastern suburbs from Mount Alexander Road, stay in the left lane and use the two-lane bridge to travel through the interchange and access Elliott Avenue.
City-bound traffic will stay in the right lanes and join Flemington Road, using the right lanes for Boundary Road and inner Flemington Road lanes, and the left lanes for Church Street, Elliott Avenue and outer Flemington Road lanes.
Works will continue to add an extra lane to CityLink, which will further improve traffic flow on and off the freeway in this area.
Stay up-to-dateSubscribe for updates
- Freeway management system rollout continues 20 April 2018
- Extended closure of English Street inbound entry ramp 13 April 2018
- Bulla Road / Bell Street inbound exit closed for three nights 6 April 2018
- Extended Tullamarine Freeway overnight closures during Easter holidays 29 March 2018
- Freeway closures continue before break for Easter 26 March 2018
- Full freeway closures this weekend 19 March 2018