New lanes open on Mt Alexander Rd23 June 2017
Flemington Road interchange is now open to traffic in its final design after 18 months of construction
Regulars on Mount Alexander Road will notice that all four lanes are now open to traffic and the worksite has been removed.
A new on-road bike path has also opened today, connecting the shared-use path on Mount Alexander Road to Flemington Road, giving cyclists a safer and smoother ride towards the city.
With the interchange now open in its final lane arrangement, you'll experience less congestion and more reliable travel times from one day to the next.
Be sure to choose your lane early and look out for on-road signage to guide you safely through the new interchange.
If you're heading towards the eastern suburbs from Mount Alexander Road, stay in the left lane and use the two-lane bridge to travel through the interchange and access Elliott Avenue.
City-bound traffic will stay in the right lanes and join Flemington Road, using the right lanes for Boundary Road and inner Flemington Road lanes, and the left lanes for Church Street, Elliott Avenue and outer Flemington Road lanes.
Works will continue to add an extra lane to CityLink, which will further improve traffic flow on and off the freeway in this area.
Stay up-to-dateSubscribe for updates
- Final new lanes opening Sunday 7 September 2018
- Freeway closures every night this week 3 September 2018
- English Street exit closed all weekend 28 August 2018
- New earlier exit to English Street open 16 August 2018
- Full freeway closure and 50-hour ramp closure this weekend 14 August 2018
- Temporary changes to Melbourne Drive (Melbourne Airport) 19 July 2018