New Bell Street exits now open20 July 2017
If you're one of the 210,000 drivers who travel towards Bell Street each day, you'll notice some big changes from Saturday 22 July
New, earlier exits to Bell Street will open this Saturday on the Calder and Tullamarine Freeways, helping improve traffic flow and safety for drivers heading towards the city.
What you'll notice
We're making a few changes to drivers access Bell Street from the Calder and the Tulla from 22 July:
- From Saturday, the existing Bell Street exit on the Tulla will permanently close. The new, earlier exits will be the last opportunity to exit before entering CityLink and passing through a toll point.
- To access Bell Street from the Tulla, you will need to take the current Bulla Road exit and join the new separated lanes to Bell Street.
- To access Bell Street from the Calder, you will need to take a new exit where the Tulla meets the Calder to join the new separated lanes to Bell Street.
Be sure to choose your lane early and follow on-road signs to avoid missing the exits.
What to do if you miss the earlier exits
If you happen to miss the new Bell Street exits, please don't stop or pull over on the freeway. Continue driving along CityLink and exit at Brunswick Road. You can access Bell Street via Sydney Road.
If you happen to miss the earlier exits and do not have pre-arranged travel for CityLink, you can purchase a CityLink travel pass online at citylink.com.au or over the phone 13 26 29 within three days of travel.
There's still a lot of work to be done
Over the coming months, you can expect to see plenty more construction taking place in the area as crews work towards opening a new lane on the freeway to traffic in late 2017.
Stay alert and be aware of ongoing changed traffic conditions, including reduced speed limits on the separated lanes, as works continue.
Stay up-to-dateSubscribe for updates
- Bulla Road shut for 4 nights for maintenance works 23 May 2018
- New M80 exit and extra lanes on the Tulla Freeway 27 April 2018
- Freeway management system rollout continues 20 April 2018
- Extended closure of English Street inbound entry ramp 13 April 2018
- Bulla Road / Bell Street inbound exit closed for three nights 6 April 2018
- Extended Tullamarine Freeway overnight closures during Easter holidays 29 March 2018