New earlier exit to English Street open16 August 2018
We’ve opened the new English Street exit. You no longer need to weave or merge across fast-moving traffic to get to Matthews Avenue and Essendon Fields.
We’ve made changes to the way you get to English Street from the Tullamarine Freeway.
If you’re on the freeway heading toward English Street from the city, you now need to use the new, earlier exit. We've permanently closed the old English Street exit.
You no longer need to weave or merge across fast-moving traffic at the English Street exit ramp. You also no longer queue to exit the freeway.
The new exit makes it safer for you and 200,000 people who travel on the freeway each day to get to where you’re going.
What to expect
To get to English Street, you now need to use the Bulla Road exit, which is 2kms earlier than the old exit.
Use the right lane to join the new, separated lane that takes you to English Street.
To safely get you to the new exit, we have:
- new signs clearly marked to guide you
- set speed limits in place.
Choose your lane early and follow on-road signs to the exit.
What to do if you miss the new exit
If you miss the new, earlier English Street exit, continue along the Tullamarine Freeway and exit at Melrose Drive.
You can still access English Street from Matthews Avenue or Wirraway Road.
Stay up-to-dateSubscribe for updates
- Final new lanes opening Sunday 7 September 2018
- Freeway closures every night this week 3 September 2018
- English Street exit closed all weekend 28 August 2018
- New earlier exit to English Street open 16 August 2018
- Full freeway closure and 50-hour ramp closure this weekend 14 August 2018
- Temporary changes to Melbourne Drive (Melbourne Airport) 19 July 2018