Improved pedestrian access27 June 2017
The southern footpath on English Street bridge will open later this month
Life is about to get a lot easier for pedestrians and public transport users in Essendon Fields.
Works on English Street bridge are wrapping up, with the southern footpath set to open in late July, restoring access to and from Essendon Fields and the Earl Street tram stop (no.56).
In the meantime, you may find it quicker to get to and from Essendon Fields using the Vaughan Street pedestrian bridge, located at the Hawker Street tram stop (no.57).
Construction on the Earl Street pedestrian bridge is underway, with piling works continuing next week.
The new bridge is scheduled to open at the end of the year.
We appreciate your patience during ongoing works in this area.
Stay up-to-dateSubscribe for updates
- Expect delays on the Tulla Freeway this January 29 December 2017
- Green grants for great ideas 19 December 2017
- Tullamarine Freeway disruptions 8 December 2017
- Switched on 1 December 2017
- Disruptions on Bell Street and freeways 27 November 2017
- West Gate Freeway closures 20 November 2017