Improved pedestrian access27 June 2017
The southern footpath on English Street bridge will open later this month
Life is about to get a lot easier for pedestrians and public transport users in Essendon Fields.
Works on English Street bridge are wrapping up, with the southern footpath set to open in late July, restoring access to and from Essendon Fields and the Earl Street tram stop (no.56).
In the meantime, you may find it quicker to get to and from Essendon Fields using the Vaughan Street pedestrian bridge, located at the Hawker Street tram stop (no.57).
Construction on the Earl Street pedestrian bridge is underway, with piling works continuing next week.
The new bridge is scheduled to open at the end of the year.
We appreciate your patience during ongoing works in this area.
Stay up-to-dateSubscribe for updates
- Extended closure of Bolte Bridge ramp 20 July 2017
- New Bell Street exits open this weekend 20 July 2017
- Major changes this weekend 17 July 2017
- Changes to Montague Street access 11 July 2017
- Disruptions this week 10 July 2017
- Disruptions this weekend 3 July 2017