Improved pedestrian access27 June 2017
The southern footpath on English Street bridge will open later this month
Life is about to get a lot easier for pedestrians and public transport users in Essendon Fields.
Works on English Street bridge are wrapping up, with the southern footpath set to open in late July, restoring access to and from Essendon Fields and the Earl Street tram stop (no.56).
In the meantime, you may find it quicker to get to and from Essendon Fields using the Vaughan Street pedestrian bridge, located at the Hawker Street tram stop (no.57).
Construction on the Earl Street pedestrian bridge is underway, with piling works continuing next week.
The new bridge is scheduled to open at the end of the year.
We appreciate your patience during ongoing works in this area.
Stay up-to-dateSubscribe for updates
- Tulla Freeway closures continue 19 March 2018
- Major weekend works on Tulla Freeway and Green Gully Road 9 March 2018
- Nightly closures of the Tullamarine Freeway 5 March 2018
- Major works on the Tulla Freeway this weekend 28 February 2018
- Closures for week commencing 19 February 19 February 2018
- This week's closures 12 February 2018