Improved pedestrian access27 June 2017
The southern footpath on English Street bridge will open later this month
Life is about to get a lot easier for pedestrians and public transport users in Essendon Fields.
Works on English Street bridge are wrapping up, with the southern footpath set to open in late July, restoring access to and from Essendon Fields and the Earl Street tram stop (no.56).
In the meantime, you may find it quicker to get to and from Essendon Fields using the Vaughan Street pedestrian bridge, located at the Hawker Street tram stop (no.57).
Construction on the Earl Street pedestrian bridge is underway, with piling works continuing next week.
The new bridge is scheduled to open at the end of the year.
We appreciate your patience during ongoing works in this area.
Stay up-to-dateSubscribe for updates
- Major disruptions this weekend 13 November 2017
- This weekend's freeway closures 10 November 2017
- Road surface refresh 31 October 2017
- Upcoming freeway closures 30 October 2017
- This week's freeway closures 23 October 2017
- New lanes now open 23 October 2017