Full freeway closure and 50-hour ramp closure this weekend14 August 2018
We're closing the English Street outbound exit ramp for the weekend and the Tullamarine Freeway overnight on Saturday.
This weekend we have two significant closures as we continue work on the new earlier exit for English Street heading outbound on the Tullamarine Freeway.
We are fully closing the Tullamarine Freeway between the Calder Freeway and the M80 Ring Road overnight on Saturday from 10pm to 5am.
Inbound (city) traffic will be detoured via the M80 Ring Road, Keilor Park Drive and the Calder Freeway. Outbound (airport) traffic will be detoured via the Calder Freeway, Keilor Park Drive, Airport Drive, Sharps Road, Melrose Drive and Mickleham Road.
Please allow extra time for your journey, especially if you are heading to Melbourne Airport.
We are also closing the English Street outbound exit ramp from 8.30pm on Friday to 5am on Monday. During this time you will not be able to access Matthews Avenue, Airport West or English Street, Essendon Fields when heading towards the airport on the Tullmarine Freeway.
Please note, we are planning to repeat these closures over the weekend commencing 31 August, weather permitting.
Stay up-to-dateSubscribe for updates
- Final new lanes opening Sunday 7 September 2018
- Freeway closures every night this week 3 September 2018
- English Street exit closed all weekend 28 August 2018
- New earlier exit to English Street open 16 August 2018
- Full freeway closure and 50-hour ramp closure this weekend 14 August 2018
- Temporary changes to Melbourne Drive (Melbourne Airport) 19 July 2018