Freeway works continue over railway11 May 2017
Construction progresses over the Melbourne-Sydney railway line
As widening of the Tullamarine continues, construction is progressing on the freeway over the Melbourne-Sydney railway line in Strathmore Heights.
The first four of eight precast beam supports have today been lifted into place to allow for a new lane to be added to the freeway in each direction.
Over the past few months, local residents may have noticed deep piles and columns going up concurrently, along with works to strengthen the existing structure.
We thank Strathmore Heights and Gowanbrae residents, as well as local cyclists and pedestrians, for their patience with the ongoing traffic arrangements on Mascoma and Coventry Streets.
When the time comes, the beams spanning these new structures will be lifted into place, and short-term closures will take place on the streets below, as well as on the railway line.
We will provide advance notice of these disruptions, working overnight where possible to minimise disruptions to the local community.
Works on this section of the Tullamarine Freeway are on track to be completed in March 2018.
Stay up-to-dateSubscribe for updates
- Freeway management system rollout continues 20 April 2018
- Extended closure of English Street inbound entry ramp 13 April 2018
- Bulla Road / Bell Street inbound exit closed for three nights 6 April 2018
- Extended Tullamarine Freeway overnight closures during Easter holidays 29 March 2018
- Freeway closures continue before break for Easter 26 March 2018
- Full freeway closures this weekend 19 March 2018