Final new lanes opening Sunday7 September 2018
We've opened the final new additional lane on the Tullamarine Freeway.
Early on 9 September we opened the new outbound lane between Bulla Road and Melrose Drive.
This marks the completion of the widening of the Tullamarine Freeway.
The new lanes now run from Power Street to Melbourne Airport. Our monitoring has shown that they have made a signifcant difference to peak time travel.
For example, on average an 8am trip between Melbourne Airport and Bolte Bridge is 13 minutes quicker.
We still have a number of final works to complete. This is includes the asphalting of the new road surfaces which will start with the onset of warmer weather.
Works will continue to take place overnight to minimise the impacts on drivers.
Stay up-to-dateSubscribe for updates
- Final new lanes opening Sunday 7 September 2018
- Freeway closures every night this week 3 September 2018
- English Street exit closed all weekend 28 August 2018
- New earlier exit to English Street open 16 August 2018
- Full freeway closure and 50-hour ramp closure this weekend 14 August 2018
- Temporary changes to Melbourne Drive (Melbourne Airport) 19 July 2018