Double freeway closure19 May 2017
The Tullamarine and West Gate Freeways will be closed overnight on 27 May
If you're travelling to and from the airport, or in and out of the city next weekend, be sure to plan ahead and allow for extra time.
The Tullamarine and West Gate Freeways will be closed overnight next Saturday, and there'll be a second West Gate closure the following Sunday night.
Sat, 27 May: Tullamarine Freeway closed in both directions from 10pm to 6am between the M80 Ring Road and the Calder Freeway.
Sat, 27 May: West Gate Freeway will be closed eastbound from 11.30pm to 7.30am between Cook Street and Montague Street.
Sun, 28 May: West Gate Freeway will be closed eastbound from 10.30pm to 4.30am between Cook Street and Montague Street.
Expect delays of up to 20 minutes during the first hour of the Tullamarine closure, and 10 minutes during the first hour of the West Gate closure. Delays will reduce to approximately 10 minutes for the remaining duration of these closures.
On-road detour signage will be in place for these closures, and entry ramps will be closed from 9pm.
During the Tullamarine Freeway closure, the Calder Freeway and M80 Ring Road will remain open.
However, English Street bridge will be closed during this time. Access to Essendon Fields and Airport West will be maintained via Wirraway Road.
Stay up-to-dateSubscribe for updates
- Bulla Road shut for 4 nights for maintenance works 23 May 2018
- New M80 exit and extra lanes on the Tulla Freeway 27 April 2018
- Freeway management system rollout continues 20 April 2018
- Extended closure of English Street inbound entry ramp 13 April 2018
- Bulla Road / Bell Street inbound exit closed for three nights 6 April 2018
- Extended Tullamarine Freeway overnight closures during Easter holidays 29 March 2018