Double freeway closure17 March 2017
Overnight closures on the Calder and West Gate Freeways may impact you on 25 March
If you're planning to be out on the road on Saturday night 25 March, you may be impacted by two freeway closures.
The Calder Freeway will be closed in both directions between Kings Road and Keilor Park Drive for power cable relocation.
Traffic will be detoured via the Old Calder Freeway and will be guided by on-road signage.
Delays of up to 20 minutes are expected during this closure, so be sure to plan ahead and allow extra time.
The West Gate Freeway will also be closed on this date.
This closure will impact traffic in both directions between Cook Street and Montague Street from 11.30pm to 7.30am on Sunday morning, with entry ramps closing at 9pm.
Several detours are available and will be marked with on-road signage.
In the first hour of this closure, delays of up to 30 minutes are expected westbound and 15 minutes eastbound.
MS Melbourne Cycle starts at 7am on Sunday morning and cyclists will be using parts of Normanby and Todd Roads. If you are taking this detour route in the final half-hour of the freeway closure, please be considerate of other road users.
During the West Gate Freeway closure, crews will progress preparation activities ahead of major works to rebuild a safer and more efficient Bolte Bridge entry ramp (eastbound). This will improve access for trucks and drivers heading north from the West Gate Bridge.
Stay up-to-dateSubscribe for updates
- Bulla Road shut for 4 nights for maintenance works 23 May 2018
- New M80 exit and extra lanes on the Tulla Freeway 27 April 2018
- Freeway management system rollout continues 20 April 2018
- Extended closure of English Street inbound entry ramp 13 April 2018
- Bulla Road / Bell Street inbound exit closed for three nights 6 April 2018
- Extended Tullamarine Freeway overnight closures during Easter holidays 29 March 2018