Changes to Melbourne Drive18 May 2017
Prepare for closures and speed limit reductions
You'll notice temporary changes to traffic conditions from Tuesday, 23 May while we work to upgrade Melbourne Drive Bridge from the airport to the freeway.
Look out for a reduced speed limit of 40km/h and narrower lane widths.
Some lane closures and full road closures will also take place overnight.
On-road signage will guide traffic during these changes, and you can stay up to the date with the latest closures by visiting our Drivers page.
During this time, we'll be adding a lane to Melbourne Drive, strengthening the existing bridge and building a new, dedicated bridge for buses.
Thanks for your patience while we complete this important work.
Stay up-to-dateSubscribe for updates
- Tulla Freeway closures continue 19 March 2018
- Major weekend works on Tulla Freeway and Green Gully Road 9 March 2018
- Nightly closures of the Tullamarine Freeway 5 March 2018
- Major works on the Tulla Freeway this weekend 28 February 2018
- Closures for week commencing 19 February 19 February 2018
- This week's closures 12 February 2018