Changes to Melbourne Drive18 May 2017
Prepare for closures and speed limit reductions
You'll notice temporary changes to traffic conditions from Tuesday, 23 May while we work to upgrade Melbourne Drive Bridge from the airport to the freeway.
Look out for a reduced speed limit of 40km/h and narrower lane widths.
Some lane closures and full road closures will also take place overnight.
On-road signage will guide traffic during these changes, and you can stay up to the date with the latest closures by visiting our Drivers page.
During this time, we'll be adding a lane to Melbourne Drive, strengthening the existing bridge and building a new, dedicated bridge for buses.
Thanks for your patience while we complete this important work.
Stay up-to-dateSubscribe for updates
- West Gate Freeway closures 18 September 2017
- Upcoming freeway closures 5 September 2017
- Disruptions to West Gate Freeway connections 5 September 2017
- West Gate Freeway closure this week 4 September 2017
- CityLink and West Gate Freeway closures this week 28 August 2017
- Freeway closures this week 21 August 2017