Changes to Melbourne Drive18 May 2017
Prepare for closures and speed limit reductions
You'll notice temporary changes to traffic conditions from Tuesday, 23 May while we work to upgrade Melbourne Drive Bridge from the airport to the freeway.
Look out for a reduced speed limit of 40km/h and narrower lane widths.
Some lane closures and full road closures will also take place overnight.
On-road signage will guide traffic during these changes, and you can stay up to the date with the latest closures by visiting our Drivers page.
During this time, we'll be adding a lane to Melbourne Drive, strengthening the existing bridge and building a new, dedicated bridge for buses.
Thanks for your patience while we complete this important work.
Stay up-to-dateSubscribe for updates
- Bulla Road shut for 4 nights for maintenance works 23 May 2018
- New M80 exit and extra lanes on the Tulla Freeway 27 April 2018
- Freeway management system rollout continues 20 April 2018
- Extended closure of English Street inbound entry ramp 13 April 2018
- Bulla Road / Bell Street inbound exit closed for three nights 6 April 2018
- Extended Tullamarine Freeway overnight closures during Easter holidays 29 March 2018