Changes to Bolte Bridge6 October 2017
We’ve opened a new lane on the exit from the Bolte Bridge to the Burnley Tunnel/south-eastern suburbs
From Monday 9 October, drivers on the Bolte Bridge will now use the two middle lanes to access the Burnley Tunnel and south-eastern suburbs.
The new lane on this exit will connect to a new lane on the West Gate Freeway later this year.
Together, these improvements will create space where it’s needed most, while reducing queues and accidents.
Over the coming months, drivers can expect to see more changes as crews work towards completing the West Gate Freeway upgrade by late 2017.
Drivers are reminded to choose their lane early and follow on-road signage while construction continues.
Stay up-to-dateSubscribe for updates
- Final new lanes opening Sunday 7 September 2018
- Freeway closures every night this week 3 September 2018
- English Street exit closed all weekend 28 August 2018
- New earlier exit to English Street open 16 August 2018
- Full freeway closure and 50-hour ramp closure this weekend 14 August 2018
- Temporary changes to Melbourne Drive (Melbourne Airport) 19 July 2018