Building smarter freeways30 March 2017
New technology will improve your travel
We're rolling out new freeway management systems across Melbourne's major freeways, including CityLink, which will make journeys safer and more reliable.
These new systems are designed to control traffic flow and improve the way we manage breakdowns and accidents.
Freeway management systems are made up of:
- ramp signals to stagger vehicles entering the freeway
- overhead lane signs to control traffic flow
- on-road message boards displaying real-time travel times
- CCTV cameras and sensor technology to monitor breakdowns and accidents
This new technology will keep you moving and make your journeys smoother and safer.
Stay up-to-dateSubscribe for updates
- Expect delays on the Tulla Freeway this January 29 December 2017
- Green grants for great ideas 19 December 2017
- Tullamarine Freeway disruptions 8 December 2017
- Switched on 1 December 2017
- Disruptions on Bell Street and freeways 27 November 2017
- West Gate Freeway closures 20 November 2017