Building smarter freeways30 March 2017
New technology will improve your travel
We're rolling out new freeway management systems across Melbourne's major freeways, including CityLink, which will make journeys safer and more reliable.
These new systems are designed to control traffic flow and improve the way we manage breakdowns and accidents.
Freeway management systems are made up of:
- ramp signals to stagger vehicles entering the freeway
- overhead lane signs to control traffic flow
- on-road message boards displaying real-time travel times
- CCTV cameras and sensor technology to monitor breakdowns and accidents
This new technology will keep you moving and make your journeys smoother and safer.
Stay up-to-dateSubscribe for updates
- We've switched on the signals on the Calder Freeway entry ramps 20 June 2018
- Weekend of extended ramp and lane closures on Tulla Freeway and M80 Ring Road 5 June 2018
- Bulla Road shut Sunday to complete maintenance works 23 May 2018
- New M80 exit and extra lanes on the Tulla Freeway 27 April 2018
- Freeway management system rollout continues 20 April 2018
- Extended closure of English Street inbound entry ramp 13 April 2018