Building smarter freeways30 March 2017
New technology will improve your travel
We're rolling out new freeway management systems across Melbourne's major freeways, including CityLink, which will make journeys safer and more reliable.
These new systems are designed to control traffic flow and improve the way we manage breakdowns and accidents.
Freeway management systems are made up of:
- ramp signals to stagger vehicles entering the freeway
- overhead lane signs to control traffic flow
- on-road message boards displaying real-time travel times
- CCTV cameras and sensor technology to monitor breakdowns and accidents
This new technology will keep you moving and make your journeys smoother and safer.
Stay up-to-dateSubscribe for updates
- Double freeway closure 19 May 2017
- Changes to Melbourne Drive 18 May 2017
- New Bell Street bridge opens 16 May 2017
- Tullamarine Freeway closures 15 May 2017
- Freeway works continue over railway 11 May 2017
- Vaughan Street bridge reopens 9 May 2017