Building smarter freeways30 March 2017
New technology will improve your travel
We're rolling out new freeway management systems across Melbourne's major freeways, including CityLink, which will make journeys safer and more reliable.
These new systems are designed to control traffic flow and improve the way we manage breakdowns and accidents.
Freeway management systems are made up of:
- ramp signals to stagger vehicles entering the freeway
- overhead lane signs to control traffic flow
- on-road message boards displaying real-time travel times
- CCTV cameras and sensor technology to monitor breakdowns and accidents
This new technology will keep you moving and make your journeys smoother and safer.
Stay up-to-dateSubscribe for updates
- West Gate Freeway closures 18 September 2017
- Upcoming freeway closures 5 September 2017
- Disruptions to West Gate Freeway connections 5 September 2017
- West Gate Freeway closure this week 4 September 2017
- CityLink and West Gate Freeway closures this week 28 August 2017
- Freeway closures this week 21 August 2017