Building smarter freeways30 March 2017
New technology will improve your travel
We're rolling out new freeway management systems across Melbourne's major freeways, including CityLink, which will make journeys safer and more reliable.
These new systems are designed to control traffic flow and improve the way we manage breakdowns and accidents.
Freeway management systems are made up of:
- ramp signals to stagger vehicles entering the freeway
- overhead lane signs to control traffic flow
- on-road message boards displaying real-time travel times
- CCTV cameras and sensor technology to monitor breakdowns and accidents
This new technology will keep you moving and make your journeys smoother and safer.
Stay up-to-dateSubscribe for updates
- Major disruptions this weekend 13 November 2017
- This weekend's freeway closures 10 November 2017
- Road surface refresh 31 October 2017
- Upcoming freeway closures 30 October 2017
- This week's freeway closures 23 October 2017
- New lanes now open 23 October 2017