Bulla Road bridge now open
We are building a new exit to English St to improve safety for drivers and to help traffic flow better on the Tullamarine Freeway. The first stage of construction involved closing Bulla Road bridge. The closure was planned for two and a half weeks from Monday 2 October until midday Friday 20 October, but we opened the bridge two days ahead of schedule on Wednesday 18 October.
What work was done during the closure?
- Lengthening Bulla Road Bridge, making room for the new English St exit to run underneath.
- Widening works on Bulla Road, including a new outbound entry ramp arrangement.
- Civil works south of the bridge including the installation of drainage, utilities services and traffic barriers.
Why did we close the bridge?
- By carrying out this concentrated closure, we will complete our works on Bulla Road in March 2018 instead of May 2018.
- Traffic impacts are also greatly reduced. Without the closure, traffic would be impacted for 4.5 months through long-term lane reductions and half-bridge closures, rather than for the 18 days during this concentrated construction blitz.
If you have any questions about what's happening during the bridge closure, please contact us on 1300 783 947 (select option 2) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.