West Gate Freeway eastbound closure Montague Street to Kings Way
During the closure, all traffic will need to leave the freeway and take the detour detailed below.
When the West Gate Freeway is closed eastbound (towards tunnel) between Montague Street and Kings Way, the following detour will be in place for traffic wishing to rejoin the freeway:
- Take the Lorimer Street exit
- Turn right onto Montague Street
- Turn left onto Normanby Road. Use Normanby Road to avoid the very low Montague Street bridge.
- Turn right onto Kings Way
- Take the eastbound entry ramp to the West Gate Freeway
Remember, use Normanby Road, rather than City Road, to avoid the very low Montague Street bridge.