Earl Street and Vaughan Street pedestrian bridge closures
NOTE: This detour is not currently active due to the rebuilding of English Street bridge. There are alternative detours for pedestrians and cyclists who want to get into and out of Essendon Fields, as well as a free shuttle bus .
Whilst the widening works are taking place, access between Essendon Fields and Matthews Avenue will only be possible via English Street.
From tram stop 57, Hawker Street / Vaughan Street
- Head south on Matthews Avenue.
- Turn left onto English Street.
- Turn left onto Nomad Street to access Vaughan Street.
From tram stop 56, Earl Street
- Head north on Matthews Avenue.
- Turn right onto English Street.
- Turn right onto Hammond Avenue to access Bristol Street.
We strongly encourage you to make use of the pedestrian and signalized crossings on Matthews Avenue and English Street when making your detour.
If you have any questions about this detour then contact us on 1300 783 947 (select option 2) or firstname.lastname@example.org.