Getting to Melbourne Airport
If you are driving, taking SkyBus or catching a taxi to get to Melbourne Airport late at night or early in the morning, there are likely to be delays due to ongoing overnight works on CityLink, as well as the West Gate and Tullamarine Freeways.
We don't want you to miss your flight, so here is some advice to help you plan ahead and allow extra travel time.
One week ahead:
- Check the Drivers page on our website. Scroll down to the map and click "View all" for a list of works that may impact your journey.
- Visit the VicTraffic website (or use the VicTraffic app) to view any other network-wide work planned for your date of travel.
- Decide if you are going to drive, or catch a taxi, bus or SkyBus.
- If driving, work out which route you are going to take, and how long it is. Check the Drivers page of our website and VicTraffic again. Make sure you allow enough time to comfortably meet your check-in requirements.
- If there are detours or lane closures listed for your travel day, add extra travel time or consider a different route if possible.
- If taking a taxi, book it now, allowing extra time for travel. This will save you trying to flag one down in the street.
- If catching SkyBus or a PTV bus, consider catching an earlier bus.
A couple of hours before you leave home, check: