New exits to Bell Street
We're building a separated two-lane road from the Calder-Tulla interchange to Bell Street.
When we open the separated road, access to the old Bell Street exit will be removed. If you want to access Bell Street from the Calder or Tullamarine Freeways, you'll need to take new, earlier exits.
This map shows how freeway drivers will access Bell Street.
How it works
- If you're travelling towards the city on the Tullamarine Freeway and looking to access Bell Street, you must take the current Bulla Road exit, and then use the right lane to join the new road.
- If you're travelling towards the city from the Calder Freeway and looking to access Bell Street, you must take a new, earlier exit at the Tulla/Calder interchange.
- If you use the Bulla Road entry ramp at DFO, you can merge left to continue to Bell Street, or stay on the entry ramp to enter CityLink
On-road signage will help guide you to the earlier Bell Street exits. Be sure to stay alert and choose your lane early.
When the existing Bell Street exit closes, the new, earlier exits will be the last exits before CityLink starts. If you miss the exit, you will need to continue on CityLink and exit at Brunswick Road.
Why are improvements needed?
There are six conflicting movements on the approach to Bell Street. They occur at different speeds and all within a short distance:
- from the Calder Freeway to Bell Street
- from the Calder Freeway to CityLink
- from the Tullamarine Freeway to Bell Street
- from the Tullamarine Freeway to CityLink
- from Bulla Road to Bell Street
- from Bulla Road to CityLink.
These movements cause congestion and safety issues, especially at peak times.
If you have any questions about the separated road to Bell Street then contact us on 1300 783 947 (select option 1) or firstname.lastname@example.org.