Bulla Road to Power Street
Upgrades to this 15.8 kilometre section include:
- new lanes in both directions
- a new inbound exit at Bulla Road
- a new separated road to Bell Street from the Tullamarine and Calder freeways
- a new Bell Street to Pascoe Vale Road connection
- improvements to the interchange at Flemington Road / Mount Alexander Road
- improvements to the Bolte Bridge / West Gate Freeway connection
- a new freeway management system.
Bell Street interchange upgrade
We are building a new bridge to connect Bell Street and Pascoe Vale Road. We are also adding an extra outbound lane from Bell Street onto the freeway.
New inbound exit at Bulla Road / separated road to Bell Street
We are adding a new two-lane road to connect the Calder and Tullamarine freeways to Bell Street. This will reduce weaving, a major cause of congestion in this area.
Flemington Road / Mount Alexander Road interchange upgrade
We are making this busy interchange safer and more reliable by changing how the traffic flows through it.
Upgrading the Bolte Bridge's inbound connections to the West Gate Freeway
We are adding extra lanes and new technology to reduce congestion and improve safety on both the Bolte Bridge and the inbound lanes of the West Gate Freeway.
The information contained in these fact sheets is accessible on this website. They are provided here as PDF downloads for your convenience.
- Bell Street interchange safety and traffic improvements PDF, 663.9 KB
- Mount Alexander Road / Flemington Road interchange upgrade PDF, 821.1 KB
- New inbound exit and separated road to Bell Street PDF, 445.3 KB
- Bolte Bridge to West Gate Freeway connection upgrades PDF, 985.3 KB
If you have any questions about what's happening between Bulla Road and Power Street then contact us on 1300 783 947 (select option 1) or firstname.lastname@example.org.