Bulla Road to Power Street
Upgrades to this 15.8 kilometre section included:
- new lanes in both directions
- a new separated road to Bell Street from the Tullamarine and Calder freeways
- a new Bell Street to Pascoe Vale Road connection
- improvements to the interchange at Flemington Road / Mount Alexander Road
- improvements to the Bolte Bridge / West Gate Freeway connection
- a new freeway management system and incident response.
New separated road to Bell Street
We’ve built a new two-lane road to connect the Calder and Tullamarine freeways to Bell Street. This is reducing weaving, which is a major cause of congestion in this area.
Bell Street interchange upgrade
A new bridge connecting Bell Street to Pascoe Vale Road, and an extra outbound lane from Bell Street onto the freeway is helping relieve congestion on Bell Street.
Flemington Road / Mount Alexander Road interchange upgrade
We’ve made this busy interchange safer and more reliable by changing how traffic flows through the area.
Upgrading the Bolte Bridge's inbound connections to the West Gate Freeway
Extra lanes and new technology on the Bolte Bridge and West Gate Freeway are reducing congestion and improving safety.